Click here for further policy memorandums
The Chinese Communist Party is the greatest danger to the United States since the Soviet Union – they threaten us militarily, economically, technologically, and societally.
Instead of meeting the threat, Biden wants to defund our military, he won’t stand up to China’s manipulative trade practices, he won’t block Chinese technology, and there’s been no action against the woke companies who kowtow to Beijing.
Earlier this year, Biden’s representatives—Secretary of State Blinken and National Security Advisor Sullivan—were openly mocked by China on American soil at the Alaska summit. Chinese officials lambasted the American negotiators with talking points ripped straight from Critical Race Theory and told them that the U.S. “does not have the qualification to say that it wants to speak to China from a position of strength.”
The CCP is responsible for every death from COVID
- China unleashed a deadly virus on the world, then they lied, arrested, and bullied anyone who tried to tell the truth about dangers of the virus.
- Coronavirus research centers are pretty rare in the world. But the Wuhan Institute of Virology was only a quarter mile away from where the first known case of COVID was discovered. We don’t know for sure, but parts of our intelligence community have assessed that COVID leaked from the Chinese lab in an accident. The only way to know is for the CCP to come clean, but they have obstructed the investigation at every turn.
- Here’s what we know: that China arrested scientists and doctors who tried to warn about the dangers of COVID. We know they lied to the World Health Organization about how deadly the disease was. We know they shredded and burned thousands of documents at the Wuhan Institute of Virology right after this disease emerged.
- The Chinese Communist Party enabled COVID to escape China and infect the world, killing nearly a million Americans. They must be held accountable. Unfortunately, the Biden Administration isn’t putting pressure on China to tell the truth. One of Biden first acts as president was to shut down the State Department’s investigation of COVID’s origin.
- Worse, he rejoined the World Health Organization and gave them $200M even when they helped China cover up the investigation and claimed China was doing everything right.
The CCP is conducting a genocide in Xinjiang
- Under President Trump, Secretary Pompeo declared that China was conducting a genocide against the Uyghur people in Xinjiang. Over a million Uyghur people are locked up in concentration camps, subjected to brutal torture and brainwashing. Unfortunately, President Biden hasn’t taken the problem seriously.
- Worse, the Biden Administration is lobbying against other steps to hold China accountable for the Uyghur genocide - there are reports that Wendy Sherman - the Deputy Secretary of State – and John Kerry were lobbying Congress to stop a bill by Marco Rubio that would prevent taxpayers' dollars from supporting the genocide.
- From the moment they took office, President Biden should have worked to organize an alternate Winter Games along with free democracies in Europe - who make up the bulk of competing nations. According to a poll, 60% of Americans say they supported moving or delaying these Olympics. Biden's team dropped the ball here.
- They also should have announced the diplomatic boycott much earlier and then rallied free nations to join our lead as well - instead we're just now at the inflection point when other nations have already decided their participation - that's not exactly an example of bold and decisive leadership.
China’s Military is Almost Beating Ours
- We must continue to be the world’s most powerful nation, otherwise we risk being at the mercy of a genocidal communist nation.
- China’s military is rapidly growing more advanced than ours. In August 2021 they tested an advanced hypersonic missile that can completely evade our missile defenses and maneuver in the middle of flight. This should be a wake-up call that we’re at danger of falling behind.
- China has 355 ships in their navy – we’re decades away from getting that many. We risk losing the Pacific to China the event of a conflict. Remember, the best way to guarantee a war is showing weakness that invites aggression.
- China has the world’s largest standing ground, largest navy, largest coast guard, and largest sub-strategic missile forces. It also has the largest air force in the Indo-Pacific.
- What’s more expensive than funding our military? Fighting and losing a major war with China – it would destroy trillions in economic activity and cause the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans if not many more.
Why We Need to Defend Taiwan
- China wants to bully nations around the world with their military. They’ve used force to expand into islands in the South China Sea. Back in 2014, they built islands out of the water as massive aircraft carriers. It’s all part of their plan to invade Taiwan.
- We have to stand with Taiwan – they are a peaceful democratic country who stand as a bastion of freedom against Communist China.
- Taiwan has a central role in global semiconductor production that affects U.S. economic and national security.
- Taiwan represents ~19% of the world’s semiconductor wafer manufacturing capacity. For comparison, mainland China represents ~20%; and while the U.S. leads in global chip design and intellectual property, it weighs in at only ~11% of global capacity.
- What’s more, Taiwanese foundries are the world’s leaders in advanced fabrication technology. Even as U.S. factories are developed, like TSMC's Arizona factory, they will produce 5-nanometer technology chips when it opens in 2024, at which point 3-nanometer chips are expected to be the norm and fully produced in Taiwan.
- Should the CCP gain control of the island, it would control 40% of global semiconductor manufacturing capacity and become the world’s technology leader.
- As result, not only does Taiwan represent an important symbol of America’s commitment to a rules-based international order, but it is a key enabler of American economic security as well. Just think of how the chips shortage has hurt the car industry. Now imagine China controlling the global chips industry – they would have key leverage over the United States.
- The best way to win protect Taiwan is to make sure there’s never a war over the country. The only way to do that is to have a military strong enough to deter China from starting a war. That requires a strong military, but Biden is trying to cut defense spending instead of increasing it – while he increases spending on every other category.
China’s Technological and Societal Threat
- China is trying to take control of the leading technologies and data about every American. What will they do with this information? The only limit is the imagination of the Chinese Communist Party. They’ve used Western data and technology firms for facial recognition they used to conduct a genocide, they’ve unleashed pandemics, created islands for military bases that may one day be used to attack our aircraft carriers.
- China tries to censor Hollywood – and our elites go along with it. Instead of standing up to China’s vision of oppression, companies line up to make more money. Can you imagine if that happened when the Soviet Union worked to defeat the United States?
- We need to stand up against China across all parts of American society – from higher education to finance, to technology and data. And we need a Congress and a President dedicated to standing up to China – not kowtowing and apologizing.